You don’t have to use code right now to build a website. It can all be done visually. While people still code to create a site, finding a theme speeds up the process. Templates are compiled in various content management systems (CMS for short).
Template Monster is one.
Whether you run a WordPress blog or a website for your business, they have it all. No matter what platform you use, a template can be a great start.
In this review, you will see the capabilities of Template Monster. Let’s get started!
Before you go on, you may want to check out this video by Cup NAds on YouTube that gives a quick review. Afterward, you’ll want to read the rest of the article for a more comprehensive review of Template Monster.
Both the pros and cons
- A vast library of themes is available for you to choose from
- You can download free templates
- 24/7 customer support
- Exclusive licensing
- Suitable for CMS and eCommerce
- Add-ons that are expensive
- The review system isn’t helpful at times
- Website is difficult to navigate
- No refund policy
- There is no live chat support
Template Monster Features 101 Not So Simple Monster Template
Template Monster is a website for all things design. Template Monster’s templates are available for CMS, eCommerce, website building, and more. Right now, it is the go-to digital marketplace when you need a spruce up in your website.
Although the site is overwhelming at first, you can browse a theme right away as soon as it’s on the screen.
The layout is simple and straight to the point. However, you can browse through all of their categories. You can sort each one by color, design, submitted date, popularity, and more. If you set these filters, that’s when you can find the theme you’re looking for. It all depends on you.
Web Templates and Themes
Their themes and templates are HTML compatible, each with its sub-features. You can use this in various eCommerce stores. There are many options for websites built on WordPress.
Luckily, Template Monster also offers themes for existing CMS like Joomla, MotoCMS, Elementor, Shopify, and Drupal. There is something for everyone.
Template Monster allows you to choose a license for each theme. There’s the Single Site, Developer’s, or Buyout/Exclusive. Or you could select the “Zero Download” templates, which no one on the website ever chose.
Most templates allow customization. Third-party vendors often provide services on Template Monster. Even if the designers make one template of Template Monster, you might have a different experience when it’s installed.
This is the area where the site is most well-known. Any add-ons can include editing, customizing, and optimizing your website’s SEO performance.
These services are commonly found in the marketplace. They can consist of:
- Multi-Language Package
- SSL Certificate
- Year of Hosting
- Hacker and Spam Protection Pack
- Ready-To-Use Website Premium
- Online Store Integration
- GDPR Compliance
- Premium Store Setup
- Quick Store Setup
- Add Your Logo
- Change Color Scheme
- Template Installation
These add-ons are complementary to your site. It can be preloaded to meet any need and personalize your experience.
Template Monster’s customer service is readily available every day of the week. You can contact them via email, live chat or by phone. The company has agents who can help you with any issues regarding the template or its features.
However, when the theme you bought is now installed on your website, customer support will be diverted to the third party who made it. Expect a difference in their responses and quality.
This doesn’t stop here. When you need more technical support, this is only available via add-ons. Meaning you have to spend more cash.
What’s also inconvenient for some is the review system. When a vendor has a perfect score on display, it is only reflected in their technical support. This can be seen in the “Support Quality Index.”
Full website design
Template Monster has custom-made services which are resold through their Weblium and MotoCMS subscriptions.
There are also affiliate programs in which a user can participate. Once the website is complete, they have an option to bring in more profit to the website designed by them.
Types of Businesses Supported
Template Monster is a website that specializes in eCommerce and CMS. There are templates for all kinds of businesses out there. These templates include:
- Arts and culture
- Animals and pets
- Businesses and services
- Cars and motorbikes
- Computers and internet
- Design and photography
- Books and education
- Entertainment, games, and nightlife
- Fashion and beauty
- Restaurants and food
- Holidays, gifts, and flowers
- Family and home
- Medical (Healthcare)
- Real estate
- People and society
- Sports, outdoors, and travel
This might prove difficult for someone who doesn’t have any programming experience. Each feature in the templates offered can vary. Some templates may give the information but not all.
So before you purchase a theme in Template Monster, consider this for comparison:
- WebForms – This is when you gather information by gathering registered users, mailing lists, and so on.
- Media Integration – This describes the type of media (i.e. video, audio and images).
- Predesigned Pages/Sections/Widgets – Elements provided to you by default. This includes schedules, testimonials, etc.
- Language and Currency Support – If your clients are located abroad, in which language?
Template Monster offers a wide range of templates for WordPress users. Each category has its own category. The themes are varied in design, presentation, and optimization.
They step up your website to a T. Some features that you could anticipate may cover:
- Installation documentation
- Premium themes can be reached 24/7 v ia customer support
- Structure that is SEO-friendly
- Mobile optimized design
- Compatibility with all types of browsers
- Post formats and content types customized
Template Monster’s pricing may seem too expensive for some. Understandably, not all templates being sold there are cheap to get. Each template has a base price. These costs can increase with the amount of fees that it charges.
Example: If you buy a theme for WordPress, it could cost $100 or less. For eCommerce, there are ones available for Shopify at $140-$180. To keep costs down, all prices in Template Monster have been regulated.
From the licensing options mentioned before, you can choose either:
- Free: From the name itself, the template can be used at no cost. But it does require you to advertise Template Monster on social media for downloading it.
- Single Site License: It only works for one website. It costs between $5 and $200 depending on the product, vendor, or associated platform.
- Developer’s License: Can be used up to five websites for non-exclusive use. Five single-site licenses are cheaper than purchasing five.
- Exclusive/Buyout License: The premium license. It can amount to more than what you’re expecting.
Some of these offerings are optional but can be purchased if it’s needed. These services are offered by Template Monster:
- Add-on Products & Services – After adding a template to your shopping cart, you have the choice of placing add-ons. Found in the marketplace, they or the vendor provides information.
- Loyalty Program – Template Monster has a cashback system based on the number of orders. Credits can be given to you when a product is purchased, which is part of the program.
Template Monster does not offer a refund policy. Let’s say you are dissatisfied with the product and you cannot get your money back. It is better to read and understand the terms before you buy. 101 Not So Simple Monster Template
There are exceptions to this rule, however:
- Non-Delivery Of Product – Within 14 days of placing the order, it should be reported to Template Monster right away.
- Significant Defects – The vendor has 72 hours to correct the error. This exception does not apply to third-party systems.
- Product Not As Described – Within 14 days of purchase, you must prove that the product was not what you expected.
Although each template or theme is different in quality and price, there are many options available. Websites can be built on any popular CMS or eCommerce like Joomla, WordPress, and Shopify.
Their licensing system can work for anyone. However, choosing a theme can sometimes be difficult and expensive. Their user interface is too crowded to find the one you want. 101 Not So Simple Monster Template
Pricing even varies per theme offered. But you can try out their free templates for starters. Their review system does not explain why a theme might not be compatible.
For any problem shooting, it is a good idea to have 24/7 customer support. Do your research on the vendors available in the market before you make a purchase.
In short: Template Monster is a decent marketplace to look for any template for your site.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). 101 Not So Simple Monster Template
What is Template Monster?
Template Monster was founded in 2002. Their main goal is to provide a wide array of designs of all kinds. These include web design, SEO optimization, graphic design, marketing, and more.
What are the templates that can be purchased through Template Monster?
You can start with just one template, depending on your needs. Template Monster’s marketplace offers many options.
Is installing a theme difficult?
It’s not true. You can download the.zip file from Template Monster and upload it to your WordPress site. Click the “Add Theme” button on the Themes tab, and it will be there. It’s the same process as to how you put up the free themes too.
Template Monster: How expensive is it?
It depends. The cheapest template starts at $10. Do note that it is only for a single license. There is a flat fee and you can add on any additional fees that might be more expensive. Your total bill at checkout could be $200-$300.
Would Template Monster promote your website?
Yes! Template Monster offers these services on their website.
Can you customize the themes you buy in Template Monster?
Yes. The themes can be adjusted to your liking. You can change the color. Yes, you can. A custom logo? You can upload it there. The themes can be adapted into the brand you envision to be.
Are the templates built for HTML?