Building a website doesn’t need to rely on code now. It can all be done visually. Although people can still use code to build websites, using a theme makes it easier. Templates are compiled in various content management systems (CMS for short).
Template Monster is one.
Whether you run a WordPress blog or a website for your business, they have it all. Regardless of your platform, having a template is a good start.
In this review, you will see the capabilities of Template Monster. Let’s get started!
Before you continue, you may want to check out this video by Cup NAds on YouTube that gives a quick overview. After, you will want to read the rest of our article for a more comprehensive review of Template Monster.
Both the pros and cons
- A vast library of themes is available for you to choose from
- Free templates are available
- 24/7 customer support
- Exclusive licensing
- Suitable for CMS and eCommerce
- Expensive add-ons
- The review system isn’t helpful at times
- Site difficult to navigate
- There is no refund policy
- No live chat support
Features of Template Monster Template Monster Word Press Themes
Template Monster is a website for all things design. Their templates can work for CMS, eCommerce, and website building. Right now, it is the go-to digital marketplace when you need a spruce up in your website.
Although the site is overwhelming at first, you can browse a theme right away as soon as it’s on the screen.
The layout is simple and straight to the point. However, you can browse through all of their categories. Each is sorted by colors, design, date submitted, and popularity. If you set these filters, that’s when you can find the theme you’re looking for. And that depends on you.
Templates and Web Themes
Their themes and templates are HTML compatible, each with its sub-features. This can be used in multiple eCommerce stores. If you have a website on WordPress, the possibilities are endless.
Luckily, Template Monster also offers themes for existing CMS like Joomla, MotoCMS, Elementor, Shopify, and Drupal. There is something for everyone.
Template Monster allows you to choose a license for each theme. There’s the Single Site, Developer’s, or Buyout/Exclusive. Or you could select the “Zero Download” templates, which no one on the website ever chose.
Most templates allow customization. Third-party vendors often provide services on Template Monster. Even if the designers make one template of Template Monster, you might have a different experience when it’s installed.
This is the area where the site is most well-known. These add-ons may include customizing, editing, and optimizing the website’s SEO performance.
These services are commonly found in the marketplace. These services can include:
- Multi-Language Pack
- SSL Certificate
- Year of Hosting
- Hacker and Spam Protection Pack
- Ready-To-Use Website Premium
- Integration of online stores
- GDPR Compliance
- Premium Store Setup
- Quick Store Setup
- Add your logo
- Change Color Scheme
- Template Installation
These add-ons can be used to complement your site. It can be preloaded to meet any need and personalize your experience.
Template Monster offers customer service that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can contact them via email, live chat or by phone. Agents from the company can guide you to any troubleshooting about the template and its features.
However, when the theme you bought is now installed on your website, customer support will be diverted to the third party who made it. Expect that their response and quality vary.
It doesn’t end there. Add-ons are available for technical support when you require it. This means you will need to spend more money.
What’s also inconvenient for some is the review system. A vendor’s perfect score is reflected in their technical assistance. You can see this in the “Support Quality Index.”
Full Website Design
Template Monster offers custom-made services that can be resold via their MotoCMS and Weblium subscriptions.
There are also affiliate programs in which a user can participate. After the website is completed, users have the option of bringing in more revenue to the site.
Types of businesses supported
Being a website for CMS and eCommerce, Template Monster ensures that they serve these markets. Luckily, almost every type of business has its templates. These templates include:
- Arts and culture
- Pets and animals
- Businesses and services
- Cars and motorbikes
- Computers and internet
- Photography and design
- Books and education
- Entertainment, games, and nightlife
- Fashion and beauty
- Food and restaurant
- Holidays, gifts, and flowers
- Home and family
- Medical (Healthcare).
- Real estate
- People and society
- Sports, outdoors, and travel
This might prove difficult for someone who doesn’t have any programming experience. The templates can have different features. While some give their information, not all would explain it at all.
This is a comparison to help you decide if Template Monster is the right theme for you.
- WebForms – This is where you collect information by collecting registered users, mailing list, and so forth.
- Media Integration – This describes the type of media (i.e. video, audio and images).
- Predesigned Pages/Sections/Widgets – Elements provided to you by default. This includes testimonials, schedules, and so on.
- Language and Currency Support – If your clients are located abroad, in which language?
Themes for WordPress
If you use WordPress a lot, Template Monster has an extensive selection of templates. Each category has its own category. Even the themes offered are diverse in presentation, design, and optimization.
They step up your website to a T. Some features that you could anticipate may cover:
- Installation documentation
- 24/7 customer tech support for premium themes
- SEO friendly structure
- Mobile optimized design
- Compatibility with all types of browsers
- Post formats and content types customized
Template Monster’s pricing may seem too expensive for some. There are not all templates that can be purchased for a low price on Template Monster. Each template has a base price. These costs can increase with the amount of fees that it charges.
Example: If you buy a theme for WordPress, it could cost $100 or less. There are themes available for Shopify starting at $140-$180. To keep costs down, all prices in Template Monster have been regulated.
From the licensing options mentioned before, you can choose either:
- Free: From the name itself, the template can be used at no cost. However, you will need to promote Template Monster via social media in order for people to download it.
- One site license: This license is only valid for one website. It amounts from $5 to around $200, depending on the product, vendor, and associated platform.
- Developer’s License: Can be used up to five websites for non-exclusive use. You can save more money than buying five single site licenses for the same product.
- Exclusive/Buyout License: The premium license. It could be worth more than you expect.
Some of these offerings are optional but can be purchased if it’s needed. Template Monster offers these services:
- Add-on Products & Services – After you add a template to the shopping cart, there are options for adding add-ons. They or the vendor provide information on the marketplace.
- Template Monster’s loyalty program offers cashback based on how many orders you place. Credits can be given to you when a product is purchased, which is part of the program.
Template Monster does not offer a refund policy. Let’s suppose you are not satisfied with the product. It is better to read and understand the terms before you buy. Template Monster Word Press Themes
There are exceptions to this rule, however:
- Non-Delivery Of Product – Within 14 days of placing the order, it should be reported to Template Monster right away.
- Significant Defects – The vendor has 72 hours to rectify the error. Third-party systems involved are not applied to this exception.
- Product Not As Described – Within 14 days of purchase, you must prove that the product was not what you expected.
Although each template or theme is different in quality and price, there are many options available. Websites can work on popular CMS such as WordPress, Joomla, or any eCommerce site like Shopify.
Anyone can use their licensing system. Yet, the process of choosing a theme and purchasing it can be a pain at times. Their user interface is too crowded to find the one you want. Template Monster Word Press Themes
Prices vary by theme. But you can try out their free templates for starters. Even their review system doesn’t explain why a theme isn’t compatible.
For any problem shooting, it is a good idea to have 24/7 customer support. Do your research on the vendors available in the market before you make a purchase.
In short: Template Monster is a decent marketplace to look for any template for your site.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Template Monster Word Press Themes
What is a Template Monster?
Template Monster is a digital marketplace founded in 2002. Their goal is to offer a variety of design options. These include web design, SEO optimization, graphic design, marketing, and more.
How many templates can be purchased in Template Monster?
Depending on your needs, you can always start with one template. Template Monster’s marketplace offers many options.
Is installing a theme difficult?
It’s not true. When you buy the theme on Template Monster, you download the .zip file and upload the theme to your WordPress website. Click the “Add Theme” button on the Themes tab, and it will be there. The same procedure applies to the free themes.
Template Monster: How expensive is it?
It depends. The cheapest template starts at $10. Do note that it is only for a single license. While there’s a base fee, you can avail of any add-ons that may cost you more. Your total bill at checkout could be $200-$300.
Would Template Monster promote your website?
Yes! Template Monster has that covered in their web services.
Can you customize the themes you buy in Template Monster?
Yes. The themes can be adjusted to your liking. You can change the color. Yes, you can. You can create a custom logo. You can upload it there. These themes can be modified to create the brand you want.
Are these templates made for HTML?